I’m so excited to announce a Starlite quilt along is coming! And I’ve got some awesome prizes and sponsors lined up for you! It is going to be a blast! This 7-week quilt along is the perfect scrap buster for the summer months!
WHEN: July 05 – August 16
DURATION: 7 weeks
QUILT SIZE: Throw 69″ x 69″ (make the size you’d like)
The quilt along will be hosted by me with weekly newsletters and instagram lives that offer tips, tricks, and encouragement. Oh! And prizes too! Lots of AMAZING prizes!
How to participate:
- Sign up for the weekly newsletter
- Get your pattern (it is on sale until the start of the QAL!)
- Start picking your fabric pull! (I’m going scrappy!)
- Follow along on Instagram using the hashtag #starliteqal and post your weekly photo (I will give prompts each week)
- Join the IG Lives every week! For the 7 weeks of the QAL, I’ll be going LIVE one night a week. It is the perfect time to ask questions and say hi!
- WEEK 1: Cut fabric
- WEEK 2: Make HSTs
- WEEK 3: Make 4-patches
- WEEK 4: Create Color 1 units
- WEEK 5: Create Color 2 units
- WEEK 6: Create blocks
- WEEK 7: Assemble quilt top
The Starlite quilt pattern is available in my shop in both pdf and paper formats and is on sale until the start of the quilt along!
If you’re looking for a fabric bundle to make a quilt similar to my cover quilt, Marmalade Mood Quilts has you covered! Her bundle is large enough to make a throw size, and you can purchase it here!
By posting to Instagram each week of the quilt along with the hashtag #starliteqal, you’ll be eligible to win some amazing prizes! Check out the sponsor line-up below!
- WEEK 1-6 prizes include fabric and notions from Marmalade Mood Quilts, Global Fiber, Riley Blake Designs, PBS Fabrics, Aurifil Thread, and Figo Fabrics!
- WEEK 7: FREE longarm quilting from Modern Textiles!
I’ve teamed up with Modern Textiles for longarm quilting services! Modern Textiles is providing 15% off for all quilt along participants that send her their Starlite quilt before October 11th!
Starlite Quilt Inspiration:
I’ve made two Starlite quilts and I’m looking forward to making another one with all of you! Check out the #StarliteQuilt hashtag on Instagram for more inspiration!
The cover quilt was made with Fat Eighths in all solids. You can read more about this version here.
This super scrappy version was made with a fat quarter bundle of Meadow by Rifle Paper Co and all sorts of low volume prints for the background!