I had the pleasure of making this quilt for Art Gallery Fabric’s newest look book! If you have never looked through an AGF look book, they’re a visually stunning collection of inspiration and projects for their fabric lines.
The moment I saw the new Spirited fabric line by Sharon Holland, I knew that Harvest Star and Spirited were MFEO (made for each other). I made the small throw version which has 9 total blocks. Instead of making every block different, I repeated all the blocks 2-3 times. This brought some consistency to the quilt and allows the eye to rest. (Want to make one that looks just like this? Fabric requirements are at the bottom of the post).
I used Spirited Boundless Spirit Band as the backing and seam matched the horses using my invisible seam backing tutorial. These prairie-inspired prints begged for hand-quilting, so who was I to argue? I used Aurifil 12 wt in 2311 for the hand quilting and big stitch binding.
You might be interested in…
I absolutely love how this Harvest Star quilt turned out, it truly was a perfect combo of pattern and fabrics. For more inspiration and projects, check out the whole look book!
- 1/3 yd Spirited Lore & Legend
- 1/3 yd Spirited Dance Steps Maize
- 1/3 yd Spirited Delicate Balance Alabaster
- 1/3 yd Spirited Horizon Mirage Clay
- 1/3 yd Spirited Bright Star Washed
- 1/3 yd Spirited Painted Prairie Cornucopia
- 1/3 yd Spirited Calico Days Lavender
- 1/2 yd Spirited Calico Days Aqua
- 1 1/2 yds (includes binding) Spirited Painted Prairie Anthesis
- 2/3 yd Pure Solids in Spruce
- 1/3 yd Pure Solids in Forest Night
- 1 1/2 yds (background) Pure Solids in snow
- 4 1/4 yds (backing) Spirited Boundless Spirit Band